Eric “Pronto” Parenteau

January 1, 1970

Director, After School & Enrichment
I grew up in Fairfax Vermont where I attended Bellows Free Academy. While there I ran cross-country, played baseball and basketball and was very involved in the drama club. I attended Lyndon State College here in Vermont where I studied Radio Broadcasting and Production as well as Mountain Recreation Management. In college I ran cross-country and was an actor, director and producer for the college’s theater group. At age 15, I began spending every summer working at special needs summer camps before making a career out of it beginning in 2000. I’ve never missed a summer camp for 26 years. For 12 years I operated medically-based summer camps for Paul Newman’s Serious Fun Children’s Network of camps in CT, NC and AZ. Serious Fun Children’s Network camps serve children and their families suffering from chronic and life-threatening illnesses. My wife Emily and I ran the nation’s largest medically-based camp in Randleman, NC serving 26 illness groups year round. In 2011 we made our way back to Vermont to raise our two young daughters close to family. I also work for the Greater Burlington YMCA running their flagship day camp, Camp Greylock during the summer season.
Education:
Radio Broadcasting & Production – Lyndon State College
Best Mater Christi Moment:
When the children heard that I was leaving the 2015 after school program they started signing a petition to have me stay on. Looks like it worked!
Quote:
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” John Quincy Adams
Hobbies:
Big wave surfing, Teen & Young Adult Mentorship, Progressive House/Trance DJ, Landscape photography, Meteorology, Civics and, Social Justice