Dear International Families,
Mater Christi School is approved to receive F-1 status students through the Student Exchange and Visitor Program (SEVP). We are happy to participate in this exchange opportunity which enriches both Mater Christi students and those coming from other countries. Acceptance is granted to students meeting the following criteria: Students must be proficient in English. Consideration will be given if the student is close to proficiency and will continue private English tutoring while enrolled.
- Students must meet immunization requirements set by State of Vermont.
- The Student’s family must make private housing arrangements.
- A legal guardian must be named in the U.S. who can be contacted by school officials.
- Application Fee ($125) and Registration Fee ($275) must be paid prior to issuance of I-20.
- One half of tuition payment must be paid on or before student’s first day of school and arrangement made with the Business Manager for balance to be paid prior to the end of school year.
Where to Start:
StudyintheStates.dhs.gov provides a user-friendly step-by-step guide to help you through this process. Please pull up study in the states start page, to immediately access the steps. For questions, you can reach the SEVP Response Center at 703-603-0400.
After familiarizing yourself with the process, please complete and submit our Application for Enrollment for International Students, Application for Admission 2014-2015 and Registration Form. You will need to include the following with your application and registration paperwork:
- Order showing award of Guardianship (if not living with parent)
- Letter indicating the ability to pay full tuition and associated fees
- $125 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- $275 Registration Fee (non-refundable)
- Copy of Passport or Birth Certificate
Please call or email me with questions. I look forward to helping your family with this exciting new adventure!
Enrollment and Marketing Manager