In 1977, I started the Mater Christi school band program shortly after graduating from UVM where I studied music education.
I also directed the bands briefly at Christ the King School, St.Francis school, and Colchester Middle School. For a short time I was the conductor of the Burlington City Band and then started the Richmond Community Band where I directed the band for ten years, and continue to enjoy playing in the band.
In 1999, in addition to teaching at Mater Christi, I started teaching band, jazz, pep band, and drumline at Rice Memorial High school for several years. In 2015, I became the general music teacher at Mater Christi school, while maintaining the mcs band program as well. I play trumpet and saxophone in a band called “Still Kickin”. We play at weddings, and many local events.
My husband, Marc, and I have been married for over 33 years! Marc is a trial lawyer at Downs, Rachlin, Martin in Burlington, and a Rice graduate. We have two boys who are both Mater Christi alumni, and both participated in band. Lincoln, is a physician in Family Medicine, at The Community Heath Center in Burlington,VT. He and his wife, Kiona, reside in Charlotte with their son, Wilder, born in 2014. My son, Marshall, is a Graphic designer and professional skateboarder in San Diego.
We have two cats, two dogs, chickens, a 120 gallon fish tank, and a big garden.
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education. Post Baccalaureate Program. University of Vermont
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Mathematics Education, University of Vermont
- Vermont certification (2-11 license)
- Vermont certification (3-12 license)
- National Honors Society (1980)
- UVM Stage Band, President (1995-’97)
- MENC Collegiate President (1996-’97)
- Yandell Achievement Award (1997)
- Burlington City Band Auditor (1995-’99)
- Burlington City Band, Assistant Conductor (1998-’99)
- UVM Pep Band Director/ Conductor (1996-’99)
- Vermont Summer Youth Band, Founder/ Director/ Conductor (1999-2005)
- Richmond Community Band, Director/ Conductor (1999-2007)
I enjoy fishing (spin, and fly), wind surfing, hockey, snowboarding, mountain biking, pottery, and painting.
Band Courses Offered to MCS Students, Grades 4-8
- Beginner, intermediate and advanced bands, marching band.
- Intro and select jazz
- Drumline, brass and sax ensemble
- 2 rock bands
- Private lessons