Discovering personal greatness in pre-school through grade 8 students - Burlington, Vermont

Brent Tremblay

Mr. Tremblay grew up in Williston, Vermont and attended Rice Memorial High School. He was a three-sport athlete (Inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame in 1999), and earned the Campus Ministry Service and Edmundite Leadership Awards while at Rice. After earning a B.A. in History from SMC, he got his first teaching job teaching in the Social Studies Department at his alma mater. He also served as the Athletic Director there for five years. While being at Rice for seven years he was very fortunate to be able teacher/counselor for five Comparative Culture Programs tours of Europe and northern Africa. In 2000, he took a job at Mater Christi as an administrator, and happily served the MCS community for seven years. However, being unable to carve out enough quality family time and fulfill his strong desire to work directly with students, he returned to the classroom in 2009. He is married to his high school sweetheart and has two wonderful kids.

Education

• B.A. in History, St. Michael’s College
  • 30+ Graduate level courses

Best Mater Christi Moment

Being able to teach my own children.

Inspirational Quote

“Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand.” – Chinese Proverb

Hobbies

Playing with my kids, reading, skiing, singing, wood working, baseball and volleyball

Click on to Follow Link

Middle School Social Studies Teacher