Discovering personal greatness in pre-school through grade 8 students - Burlington, Vermont

Cara Gallagher

Growing up in Shelburne, Vermont, I learned to expect good things at school. My teachers knew me well. They supported my learning and challenged my thinking. Because of their efforts, I graduated high school with a confidence that carried me across the border to St. Thomas University in Fredericton, New Brunswick. As an undergraduate, I benefited from a liberal arts education that broadened my perspective and took me all the way to Central America where I spent a semester studying Spanish in Costa Rica.

My desire to become a teacher led me to the Nativity Preparatory School of Boston, an accredited tuition-free Jesuit middle school. As a participant in Nativity’s teaching fellowship program, I was equally inspired by the principled educators I came to trust as mentors and the highly motivated young men I was proud to call my students. During my time in Boston, I gained an appreciation for faith-based education and an M.Ed from the Lynch School of Education.

For the past four years, I have been teaching seventh grade English in the public school system.  I have worked with phenomenal teachers and extraordinary students. My best moments in the classroom take place when I am able to align my passion for the English language and my rapport with adolescents with my personal values. I am excited to join the Mater Christi community and begin the important work of teaching and learning this school year.

MIDDLE SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER