Discovering personal greatness in pre-school through grade 8 students - Burlington, Vermont

Leah Easley

I grew up in Rockport, Maine in an old farmhouse near the ocean. I moved to Chicago and earned degrees in Literature, Education, and Biblical Studies at Wheaton College, where I also met and married my husband, Jordan. We missed New England, so we moved to Boston where we studied at Gordon-Conwell Seminary. While in seminary I owned, managed, and taught for Golden Apple Tutoring. After seminary, I taught history, writing, and literature to elementary, middle, and high school students at a local private school. From there we moved to a parish in Connecticut where my husband served as a priest (Anglican) and I was the director of our parish youth group. During that time, we wrote and published a children’s book, The Princess and the Giant. We moved to Burlington in the summer of 2014, where I am the director of children’s religious education at our new Parish, St. Timothy. I began at Mater Christi this fall, and I am so excited to be part of this community!

Education

• M.A. Church History from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
  • B.A. Literature, Secondary Education; Biblical Studies Minor from Wheaton College (Illinois)

Awards

• Church History Award for Academic Excellence from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary faculty

Activities
Catechist for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd at St. Mary’s Parish, St. Albans and at St. Timothy’s Parish, South Burlington

Best Mater Christi Moment
Moments of unexpected whimsy, such as when the whole class bursts into laughter when a lost boot is found tangled inside a snow suit.

Favorite Quotation
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
-J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit

Preschool/Prekindergarten Teaching Assitant