Discovering personal greatness in pre-school through grade 8 students - Burlington, Vermont

Zac Farnham-Haskell

I was born and raised in nearby Essex Junction where I graduated from Essex High School. At EHS I played soccer, cross-country, and track & field. After high school, I moved to New York to attend college at SUNY-Cortland. At Cortland I studied Kinesiology (Exercise Science) and competed on the track and field team, where I was an All-American sprinter. After leaving Cortland, I moved back home to study at The University of Vermont where I enrolled in the physical education program. It was there that I found my true calling; teaching children lifelong health, fitness, and movement habits. I did my student teaching in the Milton School District and my first position was at Neshobe Elementary, which is located in Brandon, Vermont.

The ’17-’18 is my second year at MCS, and I can honestly say that I work with some of the best people I know, and the best students in the world!  I have also taken on the role of athletic director, so feel free to contact me if you have any questions about MCS athletics.

I am also currently working towards a master’s degree in adventure education.

Accomplishments

• Eagle scout
  • All-American and Team Captain (track and field)
  • Student-Athlete Advisory Committee

Hobbies
Reading, exercising, playing sports, watching movies

Click on to Follow Link

Physical education teacher